Swallowfield Primary Special Educational Needs and Disability Information
Key information for parents
Remote Learning Information
The values and ethos that Swallowfield promotes to pupils and staff includes a commitment to build and maintain strong relationships. In our school we focus on:
- Promoting wellbeing
- Encouraging and celebrating diversity
- Embedding our values into our curriculum and life at school
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics-between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Here are our three Equality Objectives for the academic year 2023-24:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences, conversations and activities both in and beyond school.
- To use performance data to monitor pupil achievement and respond to variations in groups of pupils, subjects, key stages, trends over time and compared with other schools.
- To ensure pupils and all other stakeholders have equal access and opportunities to make a positive contribution to school life.
Our Equality Policy outlines fully how we achieve this in school and includes:
- Promoting tolerance and understanding of a range of religions and cultures through different aspects of our curriculum and through our Values education.
- Holding assemblies dealing with relevant issues. Weekly Values Assemblies are held along with Celebration Assemblies which often deal with these issues.
- Considering the impact of significant decisions on particular groups. For example, when a school trip or activity is planned, the school considers whether the activity:
o Cuts across any religious holiday
o Is accessible to pupils with disabilities
o Has equivalent facilities for boys and girls
Below you will find our School Policy on Equality
DfE Performance Tables- https://www.gov.uk/school-performance-tables