At Swallowfield we know how important it is to offer children a wide range of clubs and extra-curricular activities.
We believe this benefits pupils in a number of ways:
- Sports clubs lead to an increase in children’s participation in physical activity and improves fitness levels.
- Clubs enrich the curriculum, furthering childrens’ knowledge, understanding and skills developed within curriculum time.
- Clubs allow pupils to try out activities not included within the curriculum.
- Clubs give children the chance to begin to specialise in specific activities.
- Clubs offer children the opportunity to become involved in the organisation, management and leadership of activities.
- Success experienced in extra-curricular activities helps to boost children’s self-esteem and self-confidence.
- During group activities children socialise with pupils from different classes/year groups and make new friends.
- Clubs are fun!
Our aim is to help children develop their full potential through positive, social, emotional, physical and intellectual experiences.
Download a School Clubs timetable for more information or contact school reception.