PSHE education helps children and young people to stay safe, healthy and prepared for life’s challenges and opportunities
PSHE encompasses all areas designed to promote children’s personal, social and health development. It gives children the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need to stay healthy and safe, develop worthwhile relationships, respect differences, develop independence and responsibility, make the most of their own abilities and those of others.
It encompasses our work within British Values, Values Education and Relationships Education.
Our PSHE curriculum is based around three core themes:
- Living in the wider world
- Health and wellbeing
Our Principles for PSHE and Values:
- Values underpin the ethos of our whole school community.
- Children take their learning from PSHE and Values teaching into the rest of their time at school and at home.
- Whole school and year group assemblies support our Values based Education.
- Learning is purposeful and gives the children a moral compass for their life beyond school.
- PSHE and Values teaching gives children the vocabulary to confidently express and discuss their feelings and behaviour.
- Teachers are knowledgeable and confident in teaching Values and PSHE.
- PSHE and Values inspires our children and helps them develop into happy, confident and responsible citizens.
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) became compulsory for all schools as of September 2020. This aspect of PSHE is woven into the Relationships and Health and wellbeing sessions.
PSHE-Intent, Implementation and Impact
Our PSHE Overview – New Curriculum
Relationships and Sex Education Policy-2021-23